Phosphoric Acid Anodising
We are pleased to announce that we have recently commissioned a brand new phosphoric acid anodising plant which includes a comprehensive fume
scrubber to ensure compliance with environment standards.
Phosphoric acid anodising is a specialist surface treatment used mainly in the aerospace sector as a pre-treatment for adhesive bond priming. The anodic
film produced by this method is typically between 0.1µm to 5.0µm thick and appears as an opaque iridescent film on the aluminium surface. It is
therefore not suited as a decorative finish.
Adhesive bond priming
The anodic film is usually left in an unsealed state prior to adhesive bond priming which is typically required to be carried out within 72 hours after anodising.
Maximum size criteria
We work mainly to the following standards:
- Contour Aerospace standard EPS 2035 (Phosphoric Anodising)
- Contour Aerospace standard EPS 2025-2 (Phosphoric Anodise & Prime EC3960)
Sealing & dyeing
This process is usually left unsealed and is not suitable for colour dyeing.
Metro Engineering and Plating Works Ltd -
Unit 3 - Chartridge Development - Eskdale Road -
Uxbridge - Middlesex -
UB8 2RT - UK
Tel: 01895 254666 -
Phosphoric Acid Anodising - Chromic Acid Anodising - Phosphoric Anodising companies - Phosphoric Anodising London, Phosphoric Anodising Services
Middlesex - Berkshire - Hertfordshire - Buckinghamshire - Oxfordshire
- Hampshire - Surrey - Bedfordshire - London
- Slough - Heathrow - Staines - Hounslow - Hillingdon - Bracknell
- Maidenhead - Northolt - Harrow - Rickmansworth - High Wycombe
- Yiewsley - Harlington - Perivale